City of Colorado Springs
Enable Recite
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 19-442    Version: 1 Name:
Type: Resolution Status: Mayor's Office
File created: 7/30/2019 In control: City Council
On agenda: 11/26/2019 Final action: 12/5/2019
Title: A Resolution Establishing the Stormwater Plan Review Fee Presenter: Travis Easton, Public Works Director Richard Mulledy, Stormwater Enterprise Chris Wheeler, Budget Manager
Attachments: 1. Resolution - Establish Stormwater Plan Review Fee, 2. Exhibit A-Stormwater Plan Reviw Fee Schedule, 3. Exhibit B- COS Stormwater Fee -HBA Letter, 4. Signed Resolution 128-19.pdf


Title
A Resolution Establishing the Stormwater Plan Review Fee

Presenter:
Travis Easton, Public Works Director
Richard Mulledy, Stormwater Enterprise
Chris Wheeler, Budget Manager


Body
Summary:
The attached fee resolution and schedule establishes the proposed fees effective January 1, 2020, for Stormwater related plan reviews. The attached proposed fee schedule (Exhibit A) reflects 85% cost recovery, with a three (3) year phased in approach to recover the remaining 15%, increasing the fee to reflect a 5% increase of the cost recovery each year 2021-2023 on January 1.

Previous Council Action:
N/A

Background:
The proposed fee schedule aligns with the City's User Fee Policy, ensuring that the Stormwater Enterprise is collecting fees at an appropriate cost recovery level. The 2020 fee schedule for the Stormwater Plan Review Fee (Exhibit A) reflects an 85% cost recovery of all direct and indirect costs, utilizing staff and resources that were added earlier this year to accommodate increased need. There will be a three (3) year phased in approach to recover the remaining 15%, increasing the fee to reflect a 5% increase of the cost recovery each year 2021-2023 on January 1.

The Stormwater Plan Review Program is responsible for the review and approval of planning, development, and construction-related submittals for compliance with the City's MS4 Permit, the Drainage Criteria Manual requirements, and the City Code. The team completes approximately 3,000 document reviews per year.

Financial Implications:
The proposed fee schedule will generate an estimated and additional $680,000 in fee revenue for the Stormwater Enterprise in 2020.

Board/Commission Recommendation:
N/A

Stakeholder Process:
The attached information was presented to the Housing & Building Association (HBA) of Colorado Springs, and attached as Exhibit B is a letter from the HBA demonstrating their understanding of this fee. The HBA has requested an evaluation 6 months...

Click here for full text



The City of Colorado Springs is committed to making its websites accessible to the widest possible audience. We are constantly working to increase the accessibility and usability of our online technology. We strive to maintain conformance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 as well as U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. The City of Colorado Springs will be evaluating this site on a regular basis and it will continue to evolve and improve over time as new technologies emerge. If you experience difficulty accessing the information contained within this webpage please contact the Office of Accessibility at 719-385-5169.